Saturday, January 4, 2020

Taylor Swift's "Reputation" Album Quotes

From: https://weheartit.com/entry/300839697

..Ready For It

Every love I've known in comparison is a failure.


End Game 


I don't wanna touch you, I don't wanna be, just another ex-love you don't wanna see.

.. tried to forget it, but we just couldn't and I bury hatchets, but I keep maps of where I put 'em

I swear I don't love the drama, it loves me.

And I can't let you go, your handprints on my soul,
It's like your eyes are liquor, it's like your body is gold.


I Did Something Bad

So I play 'em like a violin and I make it look oh-so-easy

They say I did something bad, then why's it feel so good?


Don't Blame Me

Don't blame me -  love made me crazy if it doesn't you ain't doing it right.

For you, I will fall from grace just to touch your face


Delicate

This ain't for the best.
My reputation's never been worse, so you must like me for me.


Look What You Made Me Do

I don't like your little games, the role you made me play.

I don't like your perfect crime, how you laugh when you lie

But I got smarter, I got harder in the nick of time.
I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time.

The world moves on, another day, another drama, 
But not for me, all I think about is karma.

I don't trust nobody and nobody trusts me I'll be the actress starring in your bad dreams


So It Goes...

'Cause we break down a little but when you get me alone, it's so simple

I'm yours to keep and I'm yours to lose

I make all your grey days clear and wear you like a necklace


Gorgeous

You should think about the consequence of your magnetic field being a little too strong.

You're so cool, it makes me hate you so much.

You've ruined my life, by not being mine.

You're so gorgeous, I can't say anything to your face.

And I'm so furious, at you for making me feel this way.

And you should think about the consequence of you touching my hand in a darkened room

Ocean blue eyes looking in mine, I feel like I might sink and drown and die.

You make me so happy it turns back to sad,
There's nothing I hate more than what I can't have
You are so gorgeous it makes me so mad.


Getaway Car

The ties were black, the lies were white

X marks the spot, where we fell apart,
He poisoned the well, I was lying to myself.

We were flying, but we'd never get far

It was the great escape, the prison break.

And a circus ain't a love story, and now we're both sorry


King Of My Heart

I'm perfectly fine, I live on my own, I made up my mind, I'm better off being alone.

Now you try on calling me, baby, like trying on clothes

And all at once, you are the one I have been waiting for
King of my heart, body, and soul...

Your love is a secret I'm hoping, dreaming, dying to keep.

Change my priorities, the tastes of your lips is my idea of luxury

Is this the end of all the endings?
My broken bones are mending,
With all these nights we're spending.


Dancing With Our Hands Tied

My love had been frozen deep blue, but you painted me golden.

I loved you in spite of deep fears that the world would divide us


Dress

There is an indentation, in the shape of you. Made your mark on me, a golden tattoo.

Say my name and everything just stops I don't want you like a best friend.

Only bought this dress so you could take it off.

Carve your name into my bedpost cause I don't want you like a best friend.

If I get burned, at least we were electrified.

Even in my worst times, you could see the best of me.

Even in my worst lies, you saw the truth in me.


This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things

So why'd you have to rain on my parade?  I'm shaking my head, I'm locking the gates.

This is why we can't have nice things, darling. Because you break them,
I had to take them away

This is why we can't have nice things, honey
Did you think I wouldn't hear all the things you said about me?

It was so nice being friends again
There I was giving you a second chance
But you stabbed me in the back while shaking my hand

Here's a toast to my real friends, they don't care about that he said, she said.


Call It What You Want

I brought a knife to a gunfight.

They took the crown but it's alright.

My baby's fit like a daydream, walking with his head down, I'm the one he's walking to.

My baby's fly like a jet stream, high above the whole scene, loves me like I'm brand new.

All my flowers grew back as thorns.
Windows boarded up after the storm.

All the drama queens taking swings,
All the jokers dressing up as kings,
They fade to nothing when I look at him.

And I know I make the same mistakes every time, bridges burn, I never learn at least I did one thing right.

I want to wear his initial on a chain around my neck
Chain round my neck
Not because he owns me
But 'cause he really knows me

"You don't need to save me, but would you run away with me?"


New Year's Day

Don't read the last page
But I stay when you're lost, and I'm scared
And you're turning away

Hold on to the memories, they will hold on to you

I want your midnights but I'll be cleaning up bottles with you on New Year's Day.

Please don't ever become a stranger,
Whose laugh I could recognize anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment